Thursday 25 April 2013

Divine detritus of domestic life

In a quiet nook of Hastings New Zealand lays a passionate shop..."grown out of a passion for hand-made, design led, found, upcycled and recycled objects - the beautiful, the useful, the interesting, the obscure, the nostalgic, and sometimes - given the right light - the grotesque. The divine detritus of domestic life" (Coco&Co)

Coco & Co is its name and I was absolutely delighted when my mother in law introduced me to this delightful, quirky and creative little shop. It's philosophy is "hand made" and almost all of its items have been reinvented, upcycled and recreated to take on new meanings. I loved the children s jackets made from old woolen blankets, vintage fabric and buttons, quirky aprons made from hessian sacks, cushions covers made from doilies, artisan handmade jewelry and an array of bright bunting and newspaper lamp shades. Something that really caught my searching eye was J.DANESMAKER collection, an eclectic range of retro glassware crystal and china, filled with scented candles or paper flowers. They carry the tagline "I may have chips or cracks but please don't judge me, I just want to light up your life" How brilliant would these be at a wedding...for table displays, gifts, or to light up the aisle at an evening ceremony. I think I will be going back to purchase these for my home, anything that wants to my light up my life is a no brainier.












232 Heretaunga St, Hastings, New Zealand

   

No comments:

Post a Comment